Monday, December 14, 2009

Back To The Show

ORIGINAL BLOG POST JUNE 22 2009

Yeah, so this weekend was awesome. I almost literally stayed on the couch for 2 days. Smoked a lot, drank a little and slept a ton.

So, I'm up at 6am and ready to get back to work on the show.

Man, I needed that down time. I should really make myself do it more often. I didn't get an actual count, because I tend to loose track of the days during this job, but it was something like 2 weeks of 12 hour days, straight thru, and I was really starting to feel it.

My joints were aching, I couldn't hold my arms up anymore. I was starting to creak more than usual, and more importantly, my brain was starting to go soft, and I could feel myself loosing focus on what we're doing over here.

So, handled.

Yesterday, as my brain began to warm up again, I started going through the cut of the new movie in my head, and I realized we're going to be 25 - 30 minutes short on run time. I haven't actually started cutting the movie, but I've shot a third of it, and know what's coming up, so I guess maybe I've been doing this long enough, that I have feel for these things now.

Anyway... thru a rapid cell phone text-a-thon, we decided we're going to need another sub plot in the movie and so we'll have new scenes for Jade this morning.

I wish we could afford 2 more like her. One brunette, and one Asian Midget version would be perfect.

So the plan today is to finish all of Jade's scenes for "Regarding Jenny", including a couple of new ones we're adding for story. On Friday, she couldn't stop talking about a scene she wants to do with John Michaels, so we'll probably film that today too. It happens with some models, they go all soft around John, because he's hard to look away from, and Jade got straight up gooey, so I figure it's best to just get it out of her system, so I have at least a shot at getting her into "Possession" with a clear head.

We need to fit in a photo shoot with Mark Feinstein of the 'Contract Girls' for a poster, and I need a shot of Jade and Jenny for the box cover of the 'Jenny' movie. So the day will be tight, but once I get DJ on the same page with me, he'll keep the day between the ditches for us.

So, no worries.

After "Regarding Jenny", we go right into production on a feature Bradley's written called "Willie Bayes Presents The Jetaime", which is an infomercial spoof about everyone's favorite fuck machine.

Then we're probably looking at Volume 2 of "Inside Marie's Play Place". Maddy's been talking about an all girl edition of "Ain't Gonna Lick Itself..." and after that, it'll probably be up to our Distributor.

Larry Laverty is on the schedule for August, the week of the 7th, and Alexis Golden is on the schedule for the end of August, We're bringing this whole circus to Cleveland on August 14 to pimp "House of Bedlam" at The Indie Gathering. Presley Scott said she's going to come out to support the film, and I'm hoping Jenny and Jade will be able to make it, and we can do some advanced promo on "Possession", which I'm going to try and shoot in the fall.

Those who've been around me awhile know that "Possession" is my 'pet project', that I've been writing for 3 years now. It's a heavy psychological horror film about a detective who has a nervous breakdown while on the trail of a serial killer. I've been quietly passing the script around here for a couple of weeks because I think I finally have the right group of people around me now to actually make it happen, so I'm gonna try.

A few things have to happen first, so I'm not in a rush. Bradley's gotta get mean, Hurley's gotta get in shape, Jade and Jenny gotta settle in and most importantly, I need to raise the money, so a fall shoot is realistic.

So, big day today.

I'm psyched.

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment